Friday 22 November 2013

drunk tree [fall hard]

Woke up around 3:00 AM with the imprint of my house keys on my cheek.
Parched and famished, stumbled over to the freezer and yanked out my Nalgene and stumbled back into my cave.
And what do you know..
A Tupperware of feta and bacon pizza w/ onion rings at the foot of my bed.
And a bottle of chili sauce.
Knew that would come in handy later.

Woke up for the second time at 6:00 AM, an imprint of my keys on my arm now..
Didn’t bother to move them off bed.
Then again, slept with my feet atop my computer and my mobile under my spine.
Testing my limbs, realize am filthy and covered in a few choice bruises.
And in possession of a pernicious hangover.
Opted to forgo pain relievers.
I think this one I deserve.

Evidence of an evening well spent.
And punishment for the drunk texts shot off to the south last night.