Thursday 7 November 2013

remember, remember…

And here I was having a mediocre day…
I read The Book Thief today and sobbed uncontrollably for a bit.. 
So that was great, actually.
[I mean really great. I might read it again tonight.]
But the part leading up to that… mostly mediocre.

To the point.
My adopted state of Illinois became lucky number fifteen and passed marriage equality legislation in both houses on November 5th
Now onto Governor Quinn for his John Hancock.

So I am drinking celebratory wine [two days later] in a tiny village in Africa. 
And am tearing up all over again...
Wish I could've been there with everyone celebrating in Springfield or Chicago... 
I heard there was champagne flowing in the office... About damn time!

So proud of the amazing work of the ACLU of Illinois, along with the rest of the Illinois Unites for Marriage Coalition, and of course the legislators who made it happen...


http://www.illinoisunites.org/images/logo.png










Though my wine-addled brain is curious to know if any bumpkins were wearing Guy Fawkes masks during the proceedings… Hmm.. What?