Monday 28 October 2013

my day; a list...


Curse the existence of flies during morning walk to work.
Arrive five minutes late to morning staff meeting.
Find out it’s a three day weekend this week (Yippee).
Stare at scheme of work, willing brain to come up with effective teaching aid ideas.
Scribble notes for a couple of hours into journal.
Discover the 7 year age gap in my future 5th grade class (Ouch).
Inadvertently instigate a draw-off between my HOD and (probably) future Rukwangali Tutor.
Get in a circular conversation about poverty in America versus Namibia w/ Namibian colleagues.
Remind them, again, I have never met the UK Volunteer who preceded me in the village. (If J. Butler is referred to as my colleague – as opposed to theirs – again, I may kick someone).
Carry home 40+ HIV/AIDS posters to the amusement of school secretary.
Grill up Hawaiian veggies and eggs.. Mmm.
Make mistake of spending time (ages) with eight year old host sister to get her to distinguish the difference in pronunciation of ‘heart’ and ‘hot’ (Success!).
Read two fluff crime novels.
Listen to a little jazz piano…
Nap.
Skip through a couple of episodes of Sherlock… Benedict Cumberbatch. ‘Nuff said.
Unroll yoga mat.
Attempt yoga [sober] for the first time in month.
Blast music..
Decide I needed to add a little wine into the mix.
Receive 20 distractions in form of texts.
Give up on yoga.
Do a little paperwork… (Little being the operative word)..
Gaze longingly at brand new shiny journal that I am not allowing myself to write in until I’ve finished the one I’m working on now.
Stash said temptation under a pile in my room.
Stare at the corner peeking out from under the pile.
Accidentally rip my mosquito net out of ceiling in effort to reposition new moleskine out of sight.
Teeter precariously on plastic chair to re-attach hook holding net into ceiling.
Get bitten by two mosquitos in the interim.



Re-reading this, it occurs to me that I may be becoming a bit cracked.  
Or it’s just Monday.